Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage 1956 Wisconsin DeLuxe Mid-Century Catalog

December 6, 2018

Vintage 1956 Wisconsin DeLuxe Mid-Century Catalog

I’ve seen a lot of really cute vintage catalogs on eBay recently, so I’m sticking with the catalog theme again this week! With this catalog we are taking it back to the 50s….1956 to be exact. So let’s get the show on the road and see what fabulous stuff we could buy back in the 50s…..as if we didn’t already know! LOL!!

1956 Wisconsin DeLuxe Catalog Mid-Century Toys Housewares Dolls Clocks Christmas from seller ripqod

Ok, so this looks more like a wholesale type catalog…the type stores would order out of to stock the shelves. Still though…super interesting stuff!!

image

Who doesn’t love vintage kitchen accessories by West Bend?! And, I learned a new phrase today “cake humidor”, I will never call it a cake carrier again!

image

I just adore how so many things in the 50s had cute names!! So check this out…..all the FAB pink and aqua merchandise ends in “ette”! We have the “Canette” the Wastette” the “Sanette” and the “Breadette” no wonder people seemed happier back then, how cold you not be with everything all the pretty pastel colors and everything ending in “ette”!

image

Please Santa, bring me that Dale Evans watch in pink!!!

image

Lord have mercy……the suggested retail prices on the stuff is blowing my mind!! The Tulip bowl set $3.00 and $1.20 for the range set!?!! K-Razy!!!!

image

That portable bar really is fab, but I am all about that aqua luggage set!

image

TOTALLY sign me up for one of those pink hand mixers!!!

image

And we will wrap it up with these amazeballs lamps! The retail prices on these are killing me too…I mean wow, I can’t even imagine paying $9 for that ballerina lamp WITH the 2 tier shade!

image

Please someone, invent a time machine and let’s take a trip back in time!

Affiliate Links

6 Responses to Vintage 1956 Wisconsin DeLuxe Mid-Century Catalog

1. Martha Reply

December 6, 2018 at 10:39 am

Hi Sara,
    Thank you for posting. I love old catalogs. I have a request…can you repost the last page with the lamps and include the other side…I recently purchased the flame dancer lamps and would love to see the whole description and price.

December 6, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Hi Martha – unfortunately, if you click thru to the ebay listing you will see that is all the seller of this catalog posted…just the one side of that lamp section. 🙁 Perhaps you could contact the seller on ebay and see if they would do a scan for you? Good luck!

• Martha Reply

December 6, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Aww, OK, thank you!

2. Boston Susan Reply

December 6, 2018 at 10:50 am

Hi Sara, you’re not going to believe this but the catalogue with the Knapp Monarch Redi Baker (upper right corner of catalog). I threw one those in the dumpster when my brother and I were cleaning out dad’s house. I couldn’t find the cord for it and quite honestly, I didn’t think anyone would want it. After seeing this catalog, I now feel bad about doing that. 🙁

Same goes for the luggage. My dad had a set just like the set on the right, in the middle. We tossed those as well. In this case, we had to. My dad left them in the basement and they were all modly and smelly.

As for that ballerina lamp?… WANT. Swoon.

December 6, 2018 at 2:41 pm

No worries Susan, especially since you couldn’t find the cord…and definitely no worries about throwing away moldy luggage…you’d never get that mold out of there! 🙁

Dying over that ballerina lamp!!! Total swoon!!!! 🙂

• Boston Susan Reply

December 14, 2018 at 11:23 am

It’s too bad they don’t make some of this stuff any longer. I think there’s still a market for it.