Home » Decade » 1970 » Vintage 1976 Aldens Christmas Catalog

November 29, 2018

Vintage 1976 Aldens Christmas Catalog

Since we are all getting in the Christmas spirit around my house I thought it would be fun to share this kitschy and cool vintage Aldens Christmas catalog I found for sale in eBay. This catalog is not from the 50s or the 60s, like I would normally show….rather the 1970s! I thought it would be a fun departure to see a vintage Christmas catalog from the 70s, as I was a young girl at this time so I actually remember a lot of this stuff!!

Vintage 1976 Aldens Christmas Catalog ~ Toys ~ Fashion ~ Electronics ~ Chicago from seller bizup355

image

I think every woman I saw back then has these kind of dresses…but I am surprised for a “Holiday Body Dress” they are not more festive colors!!

image

I must admit, I am kind of obsessed with that Batman car!

image

It makes me sad that children today won’t know what it’s like to go through page after page of a Christmas catalog picking out all their favorite toys….this was definitely my favorite thing to do year after year when I was young!

image

OMG!! I totally had that Bionic Woman doll!!!

image

Heeeeeeyyyyyyy, you too can be the “Fonz” for a mere $95!!

image

Did couples really dress this matchy-matchy back then?!

image

Bummer, this is the last page the seller has images of.

image

I hope y’all had a fun trip back to Christmas of 1976 with me…..*fingers crossed* Santa bring you all the gifts you are wishing for this year!

Affiliate Links

10 Responses to Vintage 1976 Aldens Christmas Catalog

1. Eartha Kitsch Reply

November 29, 2018 at 9:20 am

I think about that every Christmas – that kids these days don’t have “wish books”. Those things took up a good six weeks of our childhood every year. Making lists, changing lists and dreaming.

November 30, 2018 at 9:32 am

Right??!!! This was such a huge deal for us back then…hours everyday were spent making lists and changing lists!!! 🙂 It feels like our generation was kind of the last of a more innocent era. 🙁

2. Martha Reply

November 29, 2018 at 10:34 am

OMG! I was 13 in 1976. This brings back so many memories! Thanks for sharing!!

November 30, 2018 at 9:33 am

Awwwww, so glad you enjoyed this so much Martha!! 🙂

3. Stacy Reply

November 30, 2018 at 8:08 am

I LOVE looking at old catalogs! I remember my Bionic christmas! I received the Bionic Woman, the bionic beauty salon, and the dome house. It was fantastic! I also got the Cher doll for my birthday that same year. Love seeing these pics!

November 30, 2018 at 9:36 am

Girl, I swear…..YOU had ALL the best toys and accessories!!! I wanted that dome house and beauty salon SO bad…never got it though…I guess I should have come over to your house to play with you!! 🙂

4. Susan Halla Reply

November 30, 2018 at 10:29 am

Oh, I love this! Every year when the Sears and J.C. Penney’s Christmas catalogs would come out, my parents would give them to us and ask us to circle items in the catalog that we would like Santa to get us for Christmas. I was notorious for circling…pretty much everything. In fact, it’s still a running joke in my family, and I’m…old.

Thanks for the smiles this morning!

P.S. Let it be known that even though I circled everything, Santa did not bring me everything! I guess my parents knew that Santa couldn’t go wrong with his gifts based on my desire for it all!

December 4, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Awwww, so happy to hear I brought a smile to your face Susan! 🙂

And omg….I KNOW…..totally circled practically everything too…and like you…did not ever get it all!

5. Boston Susan Reply

November 30, 2018 at 1:34 pm

OMG! Sonny & Cher dolls. Love it!!