Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Bathroom » Won’t You Be Neighbor (Sold!) – Dallas, Pennsylvania

April 13, 2018

Won’t You Be Neighbor (Sold!) – Dallas, Pennsylvania

By RetroRuth

This week we have a house with a really, really blue kitchen. And I think I love it.

IS2zbzqzl9f9al1000000000

This home is located at 61 Birch Hill Ln, Dallas, Pennsylvania. It has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, and it is approximately 2,900 square feet. It was built in 1960 and the home sold recently for $219,000. You can see the listing on Zillow here. From the listing:

This exquisite mid-century modern 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom ranch radiates character and craftsmanship. Custom woodwork , vaulted raw ceilings with exposed beams. A den featuring a full- service wet bar,wine cellar closet. Floor to ceiling windows, antique fixtures. Large bedrooms, one with an authentic cedar closet. Customs built-in bookcases, shelving and closets throughout. An exceptional master bedroom with his and her closets, master suite and sliding glass doors to it’s own private deck. Ductless A/C throughout. Two fireplaces. A womans dream wardrobe room with additional laundry space and it’s own private entrance. Front and back patios with a charming gazebo, storage shed. Looking for something, this home has it. This is the ultimate home for entertaining guests.

Entryway

ISa5agit4r5y3l1000000000

IS625bvg5q9tpl1000000000

Bathroom

ISqhe4j6d7ms3l1000000000

IS664hadn1w6il1000000000

ISm6jltj8d19xk1000000000

I cannot get over how blue that kitchen is. It’s amazing. But I am in love with the living room/great room. What is your favorite detail?

7 Responses to Won’t You Be Neighbor (Sold!) – Dallas, Pennsylvania

1. Susan Halla Reply

April 13, 2018 at 10:30 am

I love the aqua carpets and I’m not usually a carpet person! It feels so beach-y with the light wood ceiling.

2. Debbie Reply

April 13, 2018 at 11:36 am

I am trying to think of a situation where I would need/want a phone in my bathroom, but coming up with nothing. I’m loving all of those wood ceilings and that family room is wonderful, but that phone just baffles me. 🙂

• Dan Reply

April 14, 2018 at 7:06 am

To call the chauffeur to bring the new Lincoln Town Car around! To tell the maid to lay out the Pucci caftan! To tell the cook the master has a hankering for lobster thermidor! To tell your broker to buy more IBM and Sears Roebuck! To book a flight on Pan Am to Acapulco to join the Heffernans! Why, my goodness, you could take care of so many things while – uh -taking care of things!

• Jacki Reply

April 24, 2018 at 9:41 am

Debbie all 3 of our bathrooms have phone jacks and I’ve often asked myself the same question.

3. Dan Reply

April 14, 2018 at 6:58 am

I get the feeling the rather JC Penny-ish taste of the latest owners did not quite mesh with the high MCM style of this house. A lot of questionable lighting choices, especially over that toilet, dreadful furniture, like that fat blue sofa and ugly bedroom set, and – good god! – is that a wallpaper border in that living room?
    One detail that catches my eye; do I see metallic or mirrored beams in the bedroom?
    Can’t agree about the kitchen. The wallpaper is cool, but the overall effect is just too much for me.
    As long as the bones are in good shape, it would not to make this house a real MCM wonder.

4. Onyx Reply

April 14, 2018 at 1:43 pm

Blue is my favorite color, but I’m not sure that even I could live with the amount of blue in that kitchen. I’d have to paint the cabinets yellow or white or something just to add some contrast.

5. dkzody Reply

April 15, 2018 at 7:22 pm

I think the kitchen was redone in the 70s. I remember seeing a model home, circa 1974, with similar wallpaper in the kitchen.