Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Basement » Won’t You Be My Neighbor (Sold!) – Orrville, Ohio

March 2, 2018

Won’t You Be My Neighbor (Sold!) – Orrville, Ohio

By RetroRuth

We have another excellent home this week that has already been sold. This house is amazing. Keep your eyes peeled for the mouth-watering vintage details in this place. Some of this stuff I’ve never even seen before.

This home is located at 12606 Back Massillon Road, Orrville, Ohio. It has six bedrooms and six bathrooms and is approximately 5,200 square feet. It was built in 1957 and it sold for $330,000. You can see the listing here on Zillow. From the listing:

Come prepared to fall in love the moment you step inside this custom built, Mid-Century modern raised ranch. A decorator’s dream come true, this home and property exudes quality construction and design. With 6 or 7 bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths, full second living quarters in the walk out lower level, 2 gas fireplaces, and beautiful courtyard and grounds, there is plenty of room here for your family and guests. The paved circular driveway leads to the 3 car rear load garage with plenty of extraparking. Additional storage building and shed for equipment and the extra’s. Nestled on 3.6 acres, the opportunity to create you own special living environment are endless. This home must be seen in person to be fully appreciated so call today for your private viewing.

Living Room/Dining Room

Three Season Room

Lower Level

Lower Level Kitchen and Rec Room

Are you still alive? Did you make it?  I can’t even wrap my head around this place. Look at all of those fab bathrooms! And the second kitchen!! It’s like a dream. A gorgeous, perfect vintage dream. I can’t even decide what my favorite detail is. Can you?

12 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor (Sold!) – Orrville, Ohio

1. Sara In AZ Reply

March 2, 2018 at 9:12 am

Holy Mother….this place is mind blowing!!!!!

• RetroRuth Reply

March 3, 2018 at 8:25 pm

I know! I’m dying!

2. BobinAlabama Reply

March 3, 2018 at 9:22 am

Wow! I gotta sit down.

• RetroRuth Reply

March 3, 2018 at 8:25 pm

I know! I need a paper fan and a drink after this one. Whew!

3. MissC Reply

March 3, 2018 at 10:13 am

That is one seriously fabulous house!
    I sincerely hope that the buyer isn’t a moron that rips out all that gorgeousness to put in a bunch of ‘trendy’ junk.

• RetroRuth Reply

March 3, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Agreed! Most of this stuff in this house is so rare!

4. Onyx Reply

March 3, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Wow. Wowowowowowowowwow! It’s hard to pick a favorite bit, but I think those etched glass shower doors are amazing.

• RetroRuth Reply

March 3, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Aren’t they so beautiful? I just can’t get over them!

March 3, 2018 at 8:12 pm

I’m in love with the bathroom sinks and those fabulous kitchens, but I was really surprised to see the Frigidaire Flair countertop flip down stove that was very similar to mine. This has to be the best house yet.

• RetroRuth Reply

March 3, 2018 at 8:27 pm

I agree! I was floored by this house!

6. Pat in PA Reply

March 5, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Best house yet! I would replace the ceiling lamps in the kitchen and dining area with sputniks. Love, love, love the downstairs! What fun for a family and guests!

7. Atomic Mama Reply

March 7, 2018 at 10:32 pm

So much to love. I was tickled by the striped tile floor in the last bathroom as I’ve never seen that done before. It looks like a rug at first glance. I just love the original asbestos tile in the lower level!

Anyone else notice that the bench seating shown in the first few interior photos is actually a built in planter with pillows placed on top? Looking at the first interior photo I was so confused by why the base of a bench seat would be made of brick….like, wouldn’t that hurt bare legs? But then in the next photo it became clear that it used to be a planter next to that amazing screen. Why cover that feature up? Weird…