Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Bathroom » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Tuscon, Arizona

December 17, 2017

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Tuscon, Arizona

By RetroRuth

Hello, Everyone! I’m happy to announce that I will be taking the reigns of this column from MidModMichelle, since she is taking a break from bloggin. Since TJ is now a year old, I’m finally starting to get some time back, and I have been using that time to look for time capsule houses. And this week I found a real cutie.

full (1)

This home is located at 1101 E Edison Street in Tucson, AZ. It is three bedroom and two bathrooms and is 1,844 square feet. It was built in 1953 and the current asking price is $324,800. It is listed by OMNI Homes International, and you can see the property listing on Coldwell Banker here. From the listing:

Calling all midcentury lovers! One of a kind virtually untouched time capsule in the heart of central Tucson on almost 1/3 of an acre with mountain views? YES! Imagine: Sleek, cool, sophisticated, functional, colorful, mod and funky! Located in historic Jefferson Park, your new home is an easy walk or bike ride to the University of Arizona and Downtown. Expansive walls of windows and glass, clean lines and an open floor plan. This home feels international, retro-contemporary and as well as organic. Three bedrooms, with one featuring a retractable wall. Guest Quarters with separate entrance and half bath. Two bathrooms in main living space. Great indoor/outdoor living that will inspire those that entertain. ORIGINAL. AUTHENTIC. VINTAGE. So much to love about this home! #GoCats

Exterior

full (14)

Bathrooms

full (5)

full (6)

full (12)

full (13)

Okay, what was your favorite aspect of this house? I really like that honeycomb room divider in the dining area, the dragon (I think?) on the front door and the pink and blue combo in the bathroom!

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Tuscon, Arizona

1. BobinAlabama Reply

December 17, 2017 at 10:00 am

I like the casework and built-ins, and it’s also nice that nobody has messed with the home’s interior wood finishes. Now, if we could do something about all those jail-like security bars over the windows…

2. Jean Salomone Reply

December 17, 2017 at 10:12 am

Kitchen is adorable!It’s exactly how my great aunt’s house kitchen is set up.

3. dkzody Reply

December 17, 2017 at 10:37 am

This is a great house. I notice that there isn’t a dishwasher in the kitchen, wonder if one could be installed? No dishwasher is a deal-breaker for me. As for those bars on the window, I have to wonder why those are there. Is the neighborhood dangerous? Why not install an alarm system instead?

4. Kimberly Frederick Reply

December 17, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Perfect! Removing the bars is easy. Tell them they have to leave the couch, LOL.

December 17, 2017 at 6:34 pm

We used to live in Tucson, about 6 miles from this home. Lots of homes in Tucson have those security bars. Security systems only let you know that someone has taken all your belongings; the bars help to keep your things from getting taken.
    Also, the street just north of this home (Grant Ave) is undergoing a major upgrade from 4-lanes to 6-, plus medians and mass transit lanes. You can see what they’re doing here: http://www.grantroad.info/phase-2 There is no longer a home to the north of this one, and they have torn /will tear down many older homes and businesses in the execution of this project. Grant is a MAJOR east/west artery for Tucson. I would expect there to be some major noise issues going forward.

Sad.

• Jacki Reply

December 17, 2017 at 6:54 pm

P.S. This little dollhouse is one of many untouched charmers in that area.

6. Julie Reply

December 17, 2017 at 6:37 pm

All of it, but especially the room divider and the double-sided cabinets between the kitchen and living room (there’s even a cabinet over the doorway!). And I NEED that sofa set.

7. flyingethan Reply

December 18, 2017 at 9:33 am

The kitchen peninsula (the area connecting the kitchen to the living/ dining room) is odd for me. The space between the cabinet uppers and cabinet lowers is really narrow. Is that space supposed to be used serve plates through at dinner time? It’s so narrow that you couldn’t really see the person you are talking to if they were on the other side of peninsula. I have a similar set up in my house but the kitchen upper cabinets are much shorter so that you can sit at the peninsula like you are sitting at a bar and you can see who you are talking to when they are on the other side.